Ultima - Serenity Ultima - Serenity

Very Good

The chord progression is silky-smooth, and the synths blow me away, I really love some of the background instruments. The one bone I have to pick with this song is the synth introduced at around 00:30, but it fits in perfectly when accompanied with the beat that occurs soon after. Overall this song is outstanding: if I hadn't read your comment on the song I would have never guessed that you just "slapped it together".

9/10

ZefiroN responds:

Thanks for review, yeah I was a little unsure about that synth, but I just went with it.

[oove] Requiem [oove] Requiem

Muy bueno!

The opening is awesome; I love the strings. I also love how the strings lead you into an underestimated drop (I don't know how else to word this). Hey, you know what would make this 9001 times more epic? A music video/flash compilation, just because it would be interesting to see what other people see when they hear this. =]

broove responds:

I'd like to see that too. This could work on many scenarios.

(=+Gerudo Valley+=) (=+Gerudo Valley+=)

Noice!

Reminds me of getting caught in Gerudo, and getting sent to that room you could always escape from. I like the direction you took this in. The guitar's echo followed by the synth made it for me. Good job, I love it when people get inspiration from games that defined gaming.

Epic Valentine Epic Valentine

Interesting.

I could definitely tap my foot to this, but I'm waiting for a beat that never comes. When the song loops, the first chord sounds weird because the song has moved around so much. That being said, this can be something really amazing.

4/5 (+0.34)
7/10

Darkfire96 responds:

I Just threw this together in about 20 minutes. Its very catchy isnt it? Sorry about the lame climax, but I dont know how to fix it. I only made it a loop because it was short. If I can Ill fix everything up and make it a full song, but I have a request that needs tending to, so that might be later on. Ill PM you if I fix this up.

/-DJ Chaos-\

Infinite as Touch-GBFinal Infinite as Touch-GBFinal

Sweet!

First of all, I want you to know that this song should not have a score of 1.8. I love the melody and the beat, but I think the piano shouldn't have been so dominant at the beginning. The synths should have been leading the beat, it felt like they were hiding behind everything else. Other than that, keep up the good work!

4/5 (+0.38)
8/10

GameBoyFireworks responds:

Thanks a lot! I might fix a few things based off this comment and repost. I really appreciate feedback like this.

As A Kid As A Kid

Ironic

There's a hint of sadness, but is accompanied by a sweat melody. I like to think that we were never the child we thought we were, that it was only a time when our window of knowledge expands faster than at any other point in time. But god damnit, there are some pretty freaking awesome representations of objects we pick up back then!

Xarosas responds:

Words from a master
I couldn't have said it better man ^^
Thx for teh review and the score, i appreciate it!!

U will be hearing more, but until then, I'll see u on the audio portal
~Xarosas

B7 - Psychosis Pt. 2 B7 - Psychosis Pt. 2

Hehe

For the first part, I could see some NES/Atari game going on, then it goes into a montage of the evolution of graphics and game play. =]

Burn7 responds:

Haha yeah that's kind how I felt when I was making it. Adding in beats and whatnot into 8-bit felt weird but it also felt like evolution to me.

Celestial Tears [TL] Celestial Tears [TL]

Hey

I'm flying from Texas to Pennsylvania tomorrow, and I went to the Audio Portal to find music to look at clouds with... My search is done. =]

[Fiji]A New Climate [Fiji]A New Climate

Bouncy and Smooth

Headphones are a good idea, good call. I can tell you worked hard on even the background stuff that only appears once or twice. I absolutely love how the bass and lead work together, and the climax is everything it's suppose to be. Oh, did I mention the epic drum+piano+bass (do I hear a woodblockish-background-effect)?

MrFijiWiji responds:

thnx man! and yes that is woodblock u hear :)

[Fiji]As Long as Forever [Fiji]As Long as Forever

Damn...

This is exactly what I wish I could do with Garageband!